Distribution and installation of software
Micro Focus ZENworks is a computer management software.
The most used feature of ZENworks is the ZENworks application window where anyone can easily install software on client computers.
- Open ZENworks Application Window
- Start any program. If it is the first time you have to wait for
the installation to finish.
Remote management session request
ZENworks can make a remote management session request, which makes it possible to do directly cooperative control of a client. The client has to make the request. (This is done together with a phone call to the person the request is sent to and not a way to initiate a request, because the listener has to be started a the other end first.)
- Open ZENworks Show Properties
- Open General under Remote Management.
- Open Request Remote Management Session.
Prerequisite for installing ZENworks Adaptive Agent
If you want to run ZENworks client on a computer that has not been preinstalled by BMC-IT, you have to make sure of this first:
- The computer has to be owned by the university.
- Name the computer like XXX-SERIALNUMBER for example INV-CZC133F3 for a computer with the serial number CZC133F3 at the Department of Neuroscience. This makes it easier to identify the computers.
- Take a backup.
- Install client. Ask email@example.com for help with this.