Do this to change the default settings to duplex and black and white:
- Click on the Start button in the lower left hand corner.
- Start writing "Control Panel" (without quotation marks) and click on "Control Panel" when it's shown in the list.
- Change from "Category to "Large icons" where it says "View by:" in the top right corner.
- Click on "Devices and printers".
- Right click on the printer and choose "Printing Preferences".
- Change the option "Duplex:" to "Open to Left".
- Change the option "Color/Black and white:" to "Black and White".
- Click on "OK" and you have changed the default settings for the printer.