- First apply for the VPN-service. Go to VPN service at Medarbetarportalen and follow instructions in the section Application for VPN service.
- Then install the openconnect client:
sudo apt-get install network-manager-openconnect-gnome
- From the menu choose Edit connections...
- Select Add
- Select the Cisco AnyConnect Compatible VPN (openconnect) connection type.
- Edit your connection by naming it (VPN.UU.SE in this example) and then enter the gateway vpn.uu.se:
- The new connection will now show up in the Network Manager menu. Open it.
- Enter your username and password-A and if you dare select Save passwords.
- It worked!
- Check your new IP-address:
ip addr list vpn0
- You can also go to websites like www.whatismyip.com to see where you are connecting from.