Apply for a VPN account
First you must apply for a VPN account. Please note that if you are going to use the University's administrative systems via the VPN service, your head of department, or the equivalent, has to send a notification to the IT Servicedesk.
- Go to Medarbetarportalen and apply for a VPN account: Application for VPN service
- If your computer is part of the BMC-IT platform you can install the software from "Managed Software Center" in /Applications on your macOS computer. If not, you can download and install the software from Medarbetarportalen.
- Go to Medarbetarportalen and download and install the software AnyConnect: Download the VPN client
Connect to the university VPN server
If the AnyConnect software needs to be updated an update will be intiated when starting the application. If so, please follow the instructions on how to update the software.
- Start Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- Enter vpn.uu.se and click "Connect".
- Enter Username and password A and click "OK".
- When you are connected you will see the AnyConnect icon with a lock in the upper right corner.
- Disconnect by clicking "Disconnect" in the AnyConnect menu in the upper right corner." in the AnyConnect menu in the upper right corner.