This is documentation for a network installation of Ubuntu.
You can always do a manuall installation. Just download the DVD from Ubuntu and install. Skip a few steps in the instructions below.
- Netboot the computer, usually by pressing F12 at BIOS boot time.
- In the PXE-boot men, start the latest and greatest Ubuntu
installation. For example type
uwEnter to begin a text installation
of Ubuntu 15.04 Wily x64:
- Step through the text installation. Activate automatic updates.
- If you want to keep the Windows installation, if there is one on the computer, you can resize the existing partitions.
- You can choose several different desktop environments, but I
recommend to begin with the standard Ubuntu desktop. This is how the
Xubuntu desktop looks like:
- If you install in VirtualBox, remember to install the VirtualBox
Guest Additions to enable shared clipboard and files between the
host and guest OS.
- The CD is mounted automatically by VirtualBox. If everything works fine Ubuntu will find the CD and ask you for permission to install the guest additions. Just go ahead.
- Otherwise, tro to mount the CD via the menu in VirtualBox with Devices - Insert Guest Additions CD image.... Continue as above.
- And finally if the autorun does not execute but the CD has
been mounted, you can manually run the installation: