Apple has switched to using only USB-C as interface for their MacBooks, which means that old adapters no longer work. There are adapters that convert to USB-C, but the cost is about the same as getting new ones, so we suggest that you replace the adapters to follow Apple's recommendations.
You should think about whether you want a docking station on your desk or not. It reduces the number of adapters you need to connect each day. You probably need one or more adapters anyway (e.g. Apple Multiadapter HDMI and/or VGA) for your computer bag, for when you have to present something and need to connect the computer to a projector.
In addition to this, Mac users should always have an external hard drive that backs up the entire computer with TimeMachine. This hard drive should always be connected to the computer on the desk and then stored in a safe place when not in use. Don't bring it when travelling!
Please note that all prices mentioned below are subject to change!
We recommend at least Intel Core i5 with 16 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD storage or better.
- Apple Macbook Pro (13.3", i7 2.5 GHz, 256 GB SSD) - around 15900 SEK (not including adaptors / dock) (one year warranty)
- Apple Macbook Pro (15.6", i7 2.8GHz with 4 cores, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB) (not including adaptors / dock and one year warranty)
Standard model with 256 GB SSD - around 18500 SEK »Produktwebben (2018-03-01)
With 512 GB SSD - around 20000 SEK. »Produktwebben (2018-03-01)
With 1 TB GB SSD - around 22900 SEK. »Produktwebben (2018-03-01)
- Apple Digital AV Multiport Adapter - USB-C to HDMI/USB-A/USB-C
Price: ~600 SKR
- Apple Digital AV Multiport Adapter - USB-C to VGA/USB-A/USB-C
Price: ~600 SKR
- Dell DA300 - USB-C to HDMI/DP/VGA/Ethernet/USB-A
Please note that the ethernet outlet on this adapter needs more power than the mac gives, which leads to problems with non functioning network after waking the computer from sleep. The workaround is to unplug an plug in the adapter but if there is an mounted external drive connected to the adapter when unplugging it, the disk will not be unmounted properly. That, in turn, can lead to data loss. Therefor we suggest not using the ethernet outlet on this adapter.
Produktwebben, choose Dell Punchout.
Price: ~550 SKR
- Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD
Network adaptersIf you don’t want a docking station you need a network adapter to connect to the department network.
- Dell - Network adapter - USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet
Produktwebben, choose Dell punchout.
Price: ~210 SKR
- Lenovo - Network adapter - USB-A 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet
Price: ~160 SKR
- Dell P2419HC - Display port/USB-C/HDMI
Price: ~1.500 SKR
- Samsung SH85 Series S24H850QFU - Display port/USB-C/HDMI
- Price: ~2.300 SKR
- Dell P2719HC - Display port/USB-C/HDMI
- Price: ~1.900 SKR
- Samsung SH850 Series S27H850QFU - Display port/USB-C/HDMI
- Price: ~2.800 SKR
- Apple Magic Keyboard with numeric keypad
Price: ~1.150 SKR
- Apple Magic Keyboard without numeric keypad
Price: ~850 SKR
- Apple Magic Mouse
Price: ~650 SKR
To use with local TimeMachine backup
- WD My Passport for mac
Produktwebben, search for "WD My Passport for mac".
- Price is depending on the size of the disk.
- Compulocks The Ledge - MacBook Pro Touch Bar - Combination Cable Lock
- Price: ~450SKR