- You need to be local administrator on the computer for this to
work. If you are not then contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Please note local accounts with local files will not be backed
- Start computer management:
- Go to System Tools and Local Users and Groups and
create a New User...
- Enter the details. Use a password with more than 10 characters.
- Now the user is created.
- Opening Properties for the user and add the user to the
local group Administrators:
- Find the administrators group by typing administrators, press Check Names and then confirm with OK.
- It should look like this - the user is member of the local
- Logout and login with .\labuser (Not the .\ in the
beginning so it is a local login and not a Windows-domain user) and
the new password.