- In this example even when converting to number Excel still believes that the numbers using decimal comma are text (or vice versa).
However in system settings change to decimal comma (or vice versa).
- Restart Excel.
- Now mark the region and format cells again (using cmd-1) to category Number.
- Excel will show up small green triangles in the cells and when marking the region a small warning icon will show up.
- Use the drop down meny in the warning sign to Convert to number.
- Now things should look ok again with all numbers as numbers and not text.